Setting Port Forwarding on routers Linksys series WRT54XX
Using a Web-browser go to the router interface entering the IP address of the router in the address field (the default IP address is 192.168.0.1). Enter your user name and password. From the menu, select the item “Applications & Gaming” (see Fig.1).
From the submenu, select the item “Port Range Forward”.
Fill in the required parameters concerning the created application (see Fig.2). For example:
- The field “Application” enter the name of the created rule : RTSP;
- The field “Start” enter the initial number of the port using which the server will request the video stream from the camera: 554;
- The field “Stop” enter the end port number. Since we are creating the rule for a single port, it will be the same as the initial port number: 554;
- The field “IP address” enter the IP address of your camera in the local network 192.168.1.73;
- The field “Protocol” select from the menu “Both”;
- The field “Status” check “Enable”.
Do not forget to save your changes by clicking the button “Save Setting”.
So the setting of “Virtual Server” on the router is complete.